Announcing My New Poetry Book! Withering Tempests


I'm very proud to announce the release of my first full-length collection of poetry, entitled Withering Tempests, from Bookleaf Publishing. I've previously published poems in anthologies, but this is my first full-length volume, containing 21 poems, all of them written in the pandemic. Here are the front and back covers.



The conundrum of hope keeps the sands of time flowing. Written in the backdrop of a dreary pandemic: In love, in losses, in spring and in fall, these verses will take you through these cyclical emotions of joy and sorrow that come and go, as the fate takes its toll. I present to you this book of poetry in the hope that it brings peace and serenity. It’s available on Amazon India outlets, and will be made available on Barnes & Nobles soon. Thanks @bookleafpublishing for the 21-day writing challenge and for the poetry journey. This would not have been possible without #napowrimo prompts and all of my amazing friends. A big shoutout to Praveen Kumar @koncham_artsy for the fantastic book-cover


The book is priced at 150 Rs, and is available on Amazon.in, or directly from the publisher at bookleaf publishing. I also have a limited number of author's copies that I will gladly autograph and send to you for the cover price plus shipping charges. Contact me at mphrajubehara@gmail.com if you are interested.

Here's a sample poem:

PANDEMIC BLOOMS

Fragrant Parijata blooms crumple and wither away,
Ageing shall plague us till we stay,
Petals dry and crumble as old papers give way,
These wrinkles shall mar our faces with no delay.

Orange-stemmed blossoms are brown now,
Scars have etched our faces somehow,
As rain washes these petals into muddy soil,
Will your tears roll down into this turmoil?

Jasmine falls short in your fragrance profile,
For your scents will make The cowherd sway,
Has this age or virus made me senile?
For no scents can permeate our noses and stay.

Sands of time have run short or anew,
Time is lost and we don’t have a clue,
In a daze or wormhole, shall we spiral through?
Does this hell-hole come with a view?

 © 2021 Raju Behara



Comments