My heart knew, twas you!

Twas but a dream, 

yet by my heart I knew, 

The possibility of you,

Under parijata blooms,

as nightingales sing, 

and the moon waxes,

and wanes,

I lay awake,

enraptured by this agony, 

that’s your absence,

Your warmth, 

warmer than a coffee brew on a winter morn,

a voice soothing, than the cuckoo’s call

that heralds the spring’s dawn,

a touch as haunting, 

and yet as as the soft 

as the plush furs of a purring cat.

I knew twas’ you

that made me alive,

in all the vibrancy of the spring.


My heart bled not red, 

but lilac, white and pink,

colors of the rainbow,

lo behold! 

came streaming in

effervescent 

incandescence,

illuminated by your sheer presence.,

Darling! I string these words together,

for these are the riches I can forever give.


And yes, 

Indeed

Twas but a dream, 

yet by my heart I knew,

the waves stood still,

at the shoreless seas,

in your arms.




Inspired by Prompts from glo/napowrimo2022 

A Love Poem - Day 10

© Raju Behara, Questranged, 2022 All Rights Reserved


Art in Frame: Interlude' or the in-between is an experimental space, for a pause, reflection, discussion and an active performative engagement.© Aravani Art Project


Comments