Unmasked - Yet another love letter

Well, then let slip the masks and all the notes we have taken,

let them fall to the ground and turn into petals

to make more luxurious our bed,

 or let them turn into leaves and blow in the air

- Suniti Namjoshi & Gillian Hanscombe 
 





Petrichor is in the air,
as earth rises up breathing life,
etching histories beyond our being,
ethereal forms weave in, beyond space and time,
For a feeling that surpasses our existence,
as we let the binaries crash, collide and dissolve,
Pink weaves in, and blue weaves out,
our souls stay enmeshed, defying threads that weave
Darling, our presence rattles the laws by powers to be,
Well, then let slip the masks and all the notes we have taken.

I feel the wind whisper lullabies into my ear,
as your presence lingers on,
I feel your breath trace symphonies on my back,
as your touch fades away,
I hold my breath deeper, as you plunge into 
the bottomless pits of my soul,
I feel your voice hoarsely echo
a prayer into my ears, as my eyes widen,
My tears fall onto your palms, and you
let them fall to the ground and turn into petals.

You scoop up those petals,
They blossom into roses in 
your arms
                  outstretched
                                      you call my name.
You brazenly push forward,
holding me steady, 
and I forgiving, tear down again, as these 
flowers crush their essences and dye the sheets pink,
and make more luxurious our bed.

Fire manifests into our being, holding our bodies close,
Warmth races into our veins,
at a pace faster than Vesuvian lava, 
Bedazzled, yet again as electric sparks
fuel this fiery storm, nonplussed
will they wreak havoc yet again?
Darling, our passion fuels on its own
Will it bring spring yet again?
Do we let it blossom, or turn it anew?
or let them turn into leaves and blow in the air.

This is my second year in Na/Glopowrimo. This is my submission to the Day 3 Prompts. © Raju Behara, Questranged, 2022 All Rights Reserved


Art:

Beauford Delaney, “Untitled,” a pastel from around 1955 that is a standout among several works that entered the collection last year, our critic says.Credit...Estate of Beauford Delaney and Derek L. Spratley, via Michael Rosenfeld Gallery

Willys de Castro, “Untitled,” circa 1958, gouache on graph paper.Credit...Willys de Castro; Museum of Modern Art

If you enjoyed the post don’t forget to like, comment and follow!


~Raju ❤

Comments